Friday, June 23, 2017

And Finally...

This new church was very different. It was lively though. The people loved being at the church and interacting with each other. There was fellowship. Joy. Love. Happiness. I wanted to be a part of all of it!
After attending the church with friends for several months, "it" happened. I was singing one of the songs and literally felt my heart lighten and was filled with overwhelming joy. I was singing and crying at the same time as I realized I had found what was missing. 
I gave myself to God, Lord Jesus, and the Holy Spirit on December 9, 1997. I knew Lord Jesus had died for my sins and I was unworthy. I said it out loud to my friends as we rejoiced and I cried. The greatest person to ever walk the earth....one without sin....died for someone as lowly and undeserving as me. Overwhelming to say the least. I was humbled and grateful!
I knew in my heart that I was a changed person. I didn't fully understand what this change would mean, but I was certainly grateful I was now a Christian. 
In my excitement, I told my family when visiting for a holiday. My Mom thought I joined a cult. My younger brother told me two things: "You have the right to believe the way you want. Do NOT talk to my children about this at all." My Dad was curious but did not ask any questions at the time. 
Over the next few months, I was assigned a mentor to answer questions and help me understand my new life. I was so happy 😊
The journey was just beginning.

No comments: